Okay, everybody, how weird is it that the two WONDER WOMEN who brought down the Trump-no-care bill are from Maine and Alaska. Can there be a stranger combo? Two very cold states, let’s begin there. Really really cold. Of course, Alaska is cold. Look where it is, practically at the North Pole. And Maine, let me just disclose I grew up in Northern Maine and it is fucking cold up there. So they have that in common. Maybe there’s something character building in the experience of surviving that kind of cold, year after year. And I will make an assumption here, that Alaska is like Maine in one other regard as well: it’s poor. People are poor. They barely get by. They need all the help they can get, and taking away their new found health insurance would have been catastrophic. Then there’s the woman thing. The Planned Parenthood thing. The maternity thing. The contraceptives thing. So we check points off right down the list. A lot binds them together, it turns out. But hello people, these women are Republicans. How long since Republicans have had any awareness of or sense of responsibility toward issues like these? These two are amazing individuals, and while McCain is getting the headlines for his vote, they are the true heroes in this story because they’ve been stalwart in their fight, and fearless, and indefatigable all along. They didn’t tease. They didn’t make us guess what they’d do. And they put the rest of their party to absolute shame, and they brought shame right to the door of this White House which of course wouldn’t recognize shame if it fell out of the sky and crushed its golf cart. Susan Collins makes me proud to have grown up in Maine.
moss bureau blog is the covert gateway to the inner world of Moss Bureau. Behind the scenes, through the looking glass, up the down staircase, over the rainbow, all around the town. Our town. Our Town. We cover the bureau-front, from top to topless, stem to stern, sea to shining see. We open drawers and draw our own conclusions. The designers, the artists, the interns, friends and foes, clients and miscreants, consultants and co-defendants, the Fairs and the unfair, the good fight and the bad lieutenant, lies, truths, massive cover-ups, mitigating circumstances, plausible deniabilities. The undercooked and the overlooked. Wet-work, dry wall, the dog, the pony, the smoke and the mirrors. We look down the barrel, pull the trigger, and face the music. Fearless, feckless, and born to run. Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. Think different. It’s later than you think.
- Coming soon: Torpedo House, a new concept in gallery presentation blogmossbureau.com/2017/10/08/com… https://t.co/9OdIUMuEeS 1 week ago
- Jim Walrod blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/28/jim… https://t.co/SJFFwZ91GQ 3 weeks ago
- Let’s run it up the flagpole and see who takes a knee blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/26/let… https://t.co/sROoimLOd4 3 weeks ago
- Today is the first day of the rest of our vintage photographs blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/25/tod… https://t.co/xvGDtd0bhA 3 weeks ago
- Okay, everybody, how weird is it that the two WONDER WOMEN who brought down the Trump-no-care bill are from Maine... fb.me/8pwUQ27JV 2 months ago
- Follow mossbureaublog on WordPress.com