Richard Sapper designed one of the most popular lamps of all time, the Tizio. That’s it on the upper left of the photo above. Which was taken at Moss, by the way. Just saying. Sapper also designed a nearly as popular espresso maker for Alessi, the 9090, and later an electric version, which is also on the wall, just above his right arm. He also designed the IBM Thinkpad and famously said no to Steve Jobs who wanted him to come to Apple. Click on the photo to go the Times obit. RIP, sir.
moss bureau blog is the covert gateway to the inner world of Moss Bureau. Behind the scenes, through the looking glass, up the down staircase, over the rainbow, all around the town. Our town. Our Town. We cover the bureau-front, from top to topless, stem to stern, sea to shining see. We open drawers and draw our own conclusions. The designers, the artists, the interns, friends and foes, clients and miscreants, consultants and co-defendants, the Fairs and the unfair, the good fight and the bad lieutenant, lies, truths, massive cover-ups, mitigating circumstances, plausible deniabilities. The undercooked and the overlooked. Wet-work, dry wall, the dog, the pony, the smoke and the mirrors. We look down the barrel, pull the trigger, and face the music. Fearless, feckless, and born to run. Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. Think different. It’s later than you think.
- Okay, everybody, how weird is it that the two WONDER WOMEN who brought down the Trump-no-care bill are from Maine... fb.me/8pwUQ27JV 2 weeks ago
- WONDER WOMEN blogmossbureau.com/2017/07/30/won… https://t.co/JoX1T659wp 2 weeks ago
- Why is he the only person making noise? We all know what's going on. We all know he plays the media and the news... fb.me/4Dps4sMe7 3 weeks ago
- Why is no one shouting? blogmossbureau.com/2017/07/27/why… 3 weeks ago
- Life as we knew it,@isn’t blogmossbureau.com/2017/07/23/lif… https://t.co/0KK4CfNA92 3 weeks ago
Blogs I Follow