Amy Davidson in the New Yorker says it in a slightly calmer way but she makes the same point we did yesterday: Christie is a bullying, braying, know-nothing asshole, who now denies he’s made any changes in the “health policy” of quarantine even though what would you call a shift from 21 days to 24 hours? Wouldn’t you call that a change? I know I would. And, oh, yes, he went on to describe Saint Kaci Hickox as a “spoiled traveler” who was upset at being “inconvenienced”, which is what he calls being trapped in an unheated tent in a New Jersey parking lot, without a shower and only a portable toilet, for two days. Yes, I’d say “inconvenienced” might be a good word. Other words come to mind: Unlawful incarceration are two more. Kaci is now up in Fort Kent, our long ago home town. Right there at the tippy edge of the northeastern-most reaches of the nation. We wish her well and hope she will some day return to New Jersey to campaign against him when still-fat pig-faced Chris Christie runs again. Click on that howling pig-face for the full New Yorker piece.
moss bureau blog is the covert gateway to the inner world of Moss Bureau. Behind the scenes, through the looking glass, up the down staircase, over the rainbow, all around the town. Our town. Our Town. We cover the bureau-front, from top to topless, stem to stern, sea to shining see. We open drawers and draw our own conclusions. The designers, the artists, the interns, friends and foes, clients and miscreants, consultants and co-defendants, the Fairs and the unfair, the good fight and the bad lieutenant, lies, truths, massive cover-ups, mitigating circumstances, plausible deniabilities. The undercooked and the overlooked. Wet-work, dry wall, the dog, the pony, the smoke and the mirrors. We look down the barrel, pull the trigger, and face the music. Fearless, feckless, and born to run. Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. Think different. It’s later than you think.
- AUGUST No. 2 out next week blogmossbureau.com/2017/11/04/aug… https://t.co/9eu3fJ5BNs 1 week ago
- Coming soon: Torpedo House, a new concept in gallery presentation blogmossbureau.com/2017/10/08/com… https://t.co/9OdIUMuEeS 1 month ago
- Jim Walrod blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/28/jim… https://t.co/SJFFwZ91GQ 1 month ago
- Let’s run it up the flagpole and see who takes a knee blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/26/let… https://t.co/sROoimLOd4 1 month ago
- Today is the first day of the rest of our vintage photographs blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/25/tod… https://t.co/xvGDtd0bhA 1 month ago
- Follow mossbureaublog on WordPress.com