Did you hear about all the gays getting married? You did? Really? Well, anyway, so there was this contest to design a pop-up chapel for the corner of Central Park at Columbus Circle where on Saturday July 30, there was a celebration and 24 couples got hitched. Since we are totally into supporting the whole gay marriage thing, we teamed up with FdM (the architecture firm of our friends Francois and Susan deMenil) and came up with probably the most brilliant simple elegant political emotional celebratory pop up chapel ever. (See, from the park, you could read one wall of the chapel which said “I CAN”, and from inside the chapel when you’re mid-ceremony, you read the other wall which says “I DO”–cool, right?) Needless to say, we lost the contest. The winning design had rainbow ribbons. What more do we need to say? However, luckily for the gays, the I CAN I DO chapel is now available for purchase, and you can have an instant pop up chapel of your own. To put anywhere you want. Anywhere in New York state, we mean.
moss bureau blog is the covert gateway to the inner world of Moss Bureau. Behind the scenes, through the looking glass, up the down staircase, over the rainbow, all around the town. Our town. Our Town. We cover the bureau-front, from top to topless, stem to stern, sea to shining see. We open drawers and draw our own conclusions. The designers, the artists, the interns, friends and foes, clients and miscreants, consultants and co-defendants, the Fairs and the unfair, the good fight and the bad lieutenant, lies, truths, massive cover-ups, mitigating circumstances, plausible deniabilities. The undercooked and the overlooked. Wet-work, dry wall, the dog, the pony, the smoke and the mirrors. We look down the barrel, pull the trigger, and face the music. Fearless, feckless, and born to run. Sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. Think different. It’s later than you think.
- Coming soon: Torpedo House, a new concept in gallery presentation blogmossbureau.com/2017/10/08/com… https://t.co/9OdIUMuEeS 1 week ago
- Jim Walrod blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/28/jim… https://t.co/SJFFwZ91GQ 3 weeks ago
- Let’s run it up the flagpole and see who takes a knee blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/26/let… https://t.co/sROoimLOd4 3 weeks ago
- Today is the first day of the rest of our vintage photographs blogmossbureau.com/2017/09/25/tod… https://t.co/xvGDtd0bhA 3 weeks ago
- Okay, everybody, how weird is it that the two WONDER WOMEN who brought down the Trump-no-care bill are from Maine... fb.me/8pwUQ27JV 2 months ago
- Follow mossbureaublog on WordPress.com